VINIFICATION, BLENDING AND AGEING
2006 (65%), 2004 (20%), 2002 (15%)
- 2006: a vintage noted for its finesse with rich, complex Chardonnays and Pinots Noirs with red fruit aromas.
- 2004: a vintage noted for its freshness and structure with fine, balanced Chardonnays and high quality Pinot Noirs.
- 2002: a vintage noted for its structure with frank, intense Chardonnays and Pinots Noirs with red fruit aromas.
- Grape varieties: Chardonnay 58%, Pinot Noir 42%.
- Crus: an assemblage from a selection of 11 of the 17 Grands Crus.
Chardonnay: Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Cramant, Avize, Chouilly, Oger.
Pinot Noir: Bouzy, Ambonnay, Mailly, Verzy, Verzenay, Tours-sur-Marne.
- Ageing: 14 years on lees.
- Dosage: 7 grams per litre.
- Format: 150 cl Magnum.
Intense pale yellow colour with highlights evoking the freshness of spring.
An intense nose with mixed aromas of candied citrus fruit, honey, summer flowers and a few toasted notes.
The soft attack on the palate coats it with the sensation of silkiness. The finish has the freshness of candied citrus fruit bringing with it length and tension.
Best served between 10/12°C to appreciate fully its aromatic richness.
- James Suckling, 2021: 99/100
- Robert Parker, 2021: 96/100
- Jancis Robison, 2021: 19/20